Monday, January 28, 2013

What else is happening at Casa Collins

Over the holidays, I did have a bit much Coke Zero. I know, poison, right. Starting in January, I had zero zero. Cory was still chugging it down. Then, a week or so ago, he read something that made him want to put it down. YaY. 
I strayed that one day with about half a diet pepsi, but am really off the juice. 
Our southern roots have everyone loving sweet tea. I have tried on and off over the years to cut that out. Never worked totally. I bought some agave necter and made their tea with that. Everyone loves it the same as sugar. It wasn't really very much either.

So, liquid choices here for the family are water and milk. Sweet tea on the weekend or Sunday dinner. I have some unsweet almond milk if needed and this is what I give to Christian. He is pretty much off the wheat and dairy. Except, he does manage to get some of these when he helps himself or I'm not here and someone just pours his milk. 

Tonight for the fam, I have made black beans and brown rice from Wards. (that's the local grocery for you out of towners). 

I think I am just planning to have some protein and some lettuce, because really, I'm tired and just am ready to go to bed. Last night, I went to sleep at 8:30pm and then was raring to go at 4am. I napped until 5 and got up and got going.

Peace be with you and your family this week.       

1 comment:

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support