Thursday, January 10, 2013

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR

First meeting tonight. 
Oh yeah, Oh yeah.
GO DENISE, GO DENISE
 I know I'm gonna need lots and lots of support.
 
So, Monday and Tuesday kicked my butt. Wednesday is a short day for Christian at school. Mmm, didn't know what to do.
I started out walking to just think about what I should do overall. Thinking I should try to run. Yuck. I should. Don't want to. It will hurt. 

I ended up trying to run a mile. It was that slow, hardly moving jog, and walking. Overall, I walked a total of 7 miles. Holy shit. My legs felt like they were going to fall off. When I was done, I couldn't walk at all, so I limped around the rest of the day. 
I rested and tried a hot/cold shower to keep my muscles from dying. 

I guess it all worked out. Went to bed by 9:30 because I really wanted to go to GroupFit class again this morning. I had to drop my all-state band Spencer off at 5:50am at his teacher's house, so I could make it. He's going to Tampa and I will be following tonight after our big meeting. I needed to work out because I'm leaving tonight and have plans to work out while I'm gone, but you never know. I want to, I plan to.

Tonight is the Big Weight Loss Challenge #3 initial group meeting. I think Dan and Nicole are going to lay down the law. We are going to hear all about how things are going to go. I can't wait. I am so ready for this challenge to get started. A bit nervous as well. Its going to be hard, hard work. I am so very happy though to have the other ladies to go through this with me. I really feel like the support of us all doing it together will help me a lot. 
It is definitely a blessing for me to have been chosen to participate. For so long, I have tried to lose weight and eat healthy always to just not do it. I hope to make a difference in myself and for my family. Especially Christian. He is always going to have to battle his weight, I want to figure out a way to teach him to understand how to do it, and how to make it fun and be something he always wants to do. 
His health history includes, among other things, heart surgery and leukemia. His extra chromosome provides him with a tendency toward being heavy and self control.  
Together, we are going to do it.

 

1 comment:

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support