Sunday, January 6, 2013

October 2012



I am so busy all the time, but fall is almost impossible. My kids at home are 17, 14, 12, and 8. They all four are year round swimmers. This year, I have one in middle school band and one in marching band. 



This is what I have going on this fall.
Rachel swims 6 days a week, 3 days before school and after, 2 days weights before school, high school swim meets in the afternoons about once a week. I am a swim official, so I try to volunteer at as many meets as I can. The year round swim team has meets about once a month on the weekend.
Spencer swims when he's not at band. Marching band was at least three days a week, then games on Friday nights. And along with this came the concession stand fundraisers at UF. Rachel and I got to work the home games, about 8 hours of standing up.
John Paul swims 6 days a week and is in band. Mostly extra meetings for mom.
Christian swims 2 days a week and I try to have friends over on Wednesday afternoons. 


Swim taxi, band taxi, parent's meeting for this and that, concessions, swim meets, husband appointments, then comes the fall activities. 
I was happy to see Thanksgiving.

I did my training with KP 3x in October for 30 minutes each time. I followed my meal plan as closely as I could. I learned to do some new workouts.

I use LoseIt to record my meals, workouts and weight. 

September 14th I was 212
October 28th I was 199.

I have not seen that number since I really don't know how long. I was feeling so much better.
It was hard to work so hard the beginning of October and I was doing perfect and losing, but I wanted it to be immediate. Like, ok, now I'm doing the right thing, can I please just get there. I saw how long it was going to take, that is overwhelming. 
I have to just go one day, sometimes, one hour at a time. 

This is not easy and I have been off plan or skipped workouts. I recorded everything I did on loseit. The thing is, I gave my password to KP so he can check on me. I don't know if he has looked at it or not, but the fact that he can makes me keep my ass in gear far more than if I was just recording it for me. 

My family is great, all very supportive. No one really cares though if mom ate a cookie or 10, actually did push out 12 pushups or just did 8. Or none. I needed someone just to be accountable to.           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support