Monday, January 28, 2013

90/10 rule


Normally, if you do the right thing 90% of the time, your body will respond to those 90% efforts. Thursday was my 10%. I think we were told on Thursday it was 80/20%. For the challenge, we are working on 100%.

So, back to Thursday. I didn't do so well on that first day. Many things were astray. My schedule seemed messed up. I have been doing so great and lost a lot of weight, my muscles hurt every single day for one reason or another.

The short of it is, I managed to eat just over 4000 calories in one day. Really in about 3 hours. It was a sort of getting it out of my system thing. I thought I wanted this super fat food, it made me sick while I was eating it, so sick,  and of course later as well. I had to take insulin, which I have been off of for the past month totally. In the past, I would have just laid on the couch and become a vegetable for the afternoon. I forced myself to walk, ever so slowly, and walked just over three miles. No barf, even though it would have been welcome. 

Guess what? Wasn't really worth it. Over the holidays, when I did have a slip it was like something small, or a serving of something. This was all out insanity. And, it's over. I'm moving forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support