Monday, January 28, 2013

What I've been doing


If she can do it, I can try. Awesome picture.
Thursday we weighed in with Dan, got some measurements, took horrid pictures, and had our first physiograph. It was fun. Dan gave us lots of information. We had a great time chatting with each other.
Later, we met at Publix for a store tour given by Dan. It was very educational. Lots of good stuff. Lots of bad stuff in there too. If you stay to the outside walls of the store, you will be good. No isles.
I cooked a few things for the family. Mostly, I don't follow receipes. Just have trouble with it. I will like glance at one, then just either 1) just wing it or 2) wing it with what I have on hand. Really nothing too fancy. One day was homemade roast that I have made for years. Just toss the lean beef, carrots, onions and red potatoes in and heat the stove up to about 450 for ten minutes, then down to 250, then 200. It's ready when the potatoes cut like butter. This time I added mushrooms and then also noticed there were only about 10 baby carrots in the fridge. Hmm, where did those go? This is my plate. Right now, I'm not really eating potatoes and I had just finished that long walk, so I helped myself to extra protein.
My other big cooked meal was baked chicken with leeks, and depending on who you were, green beans or asparagus. 
It was very last minute. Seasoning was sea salt, pepper, garlic. Same for the roast. Both, I just added a little water to the pot for no sticking. We are off the no stick sprays, and even olive oil for me. I have that cool pump sprayer and sometimes use it for hubby's food. 

The beans/asparagus do look kinda sad. But when you have no artificial stuff going on, they are so very tasty. I don't think they even got water because I like to make them kinda crispy. 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support