Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Score for Christian


Monday was a bust. My car not running. We have the most awesome neighbors that have a wonderful van they have let me borrow for the week while the volvo is getting worked on. It is so cool they have this extra car just available and they were willing to share it with us. 
Tuesday I was able to go to my groupfit class Sweat Life GroupFit at 6am. Here's where I'm going to say "hey, how bout you come join me?" all fitness levels are welcome. kanapaha park. Class meets M,T,Th mornings at 6am. They also have evening classes. I'm the slow one in the class, but I'm there.

Swimming was so great. 10:30 class with drills and skills. I am so sad. I really love this class and Coach Karen. I am going to miss it so much. I was just really getting to know the other swimmers :-(   It was a great workout, I think I swam close to 1000 yards. Like overall in my hour, certainly not at one time. And, it was a huge class, so lots of fun being with other swimmers.

McDonald's and Christian. During my lazy time, I drive through McDonalds for a happy meal after school. For Christian, not me, I have been able to resist that stuff for a while. I make the choices for 95% of what he puts in his mouth. I have to do better. I have told him, we don't eat out anymore, we have discussed the big stomachs, getting healthy etc. He will still ask but seems ok, when I say, no we have food at home, I'll make you .....

Yesterday, I wanted to run by the mall to pick up a package, then it would be pickup time at pky, on and on with the driving. I was not prepared and was just going to break down and get him a happy meal. Happy - it would be killing him, but he would be Happy, right? At the last minute, I was able to pull it together and throw some healthy gluten free stuff in a bag for him. (I have him pretty much off gluten and dairy , just for health).

That was a huge hurdle. I have resisted since school has started back. I almost gave into myself. Small steps.Small steps each day.

And...about the mall trip. I got to go and chat with one of my girls, Amanda, www.mommyeatstolive.wordpress.com that is going to be doing the challenge with me. So fun. She is super nice and I can't wait to start hanging out with her. She looks to be a tough cookie and a strong competitor. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support