Sunday, January 6, 2013

December 2012

Beginning of December 197.5. I wanted to step it up so I could start my weight loss challenge in a good place. 
KP set a goal for me of 195 Dec 15th and 190 on January 15th. I smacked that with a 192. The next few weeks though, were much harder. 

I was awesome through all the parties, gatherings etc. December 23rd, 193. Ok, I thought I did have a couple of extras. 

The smack to me came after Christmas, when I finally relaxed. Relaxed and ate. I thought I had it all under control and then I chilled. I was training, I was attending my GF classes, so i wasn't out of control, but scared, I weighed on December 31st. I knew I had not been on my meal plan.

195 lbs December 31st. Time to get moving on this new year plan. 

One of my personal "tricks" over the last two months has been to always go through the food lines last at these gatherings. Besides looking polite ;-) all the delicious fat and really tasty treats are gone. Usually left is fruit, lettuce, veggies. Well, just what I should be eating. For the most part it has worked very well. 
Except that one time at hubby's Christmas work lunch, I had to sample like 5 desserts. They were so lovely. I was able to keep it under control, however, if you are trying to lose weight, the amount you should be having of these treats is 0%. 

I have missed a lot of swimming this month, makes me sad. I did a really fun workout one day that was an assessment swim. But then, things got so busy and then, it was the holidays. Time for me to get going again. My swim goal was to be able to swim 500 yards without fins. That is a short triathlon distance.

I have always wanted to do a triathlon. I used to say, well, I may be 90 by the time I do it but I will. I have been busy with kids and have always thought that was when I would have the time to train and devote my time to exercise.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support