Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Swim Class







So, I had to find a new swim class. I'm not going to get very far by myself. I want to be able to swim 500 yards with no fins.  Somehow, someday I want to do a mini triathlon. I might be 90 years old, but that works. I heard that age group is a little easier ;-)

I was so nervous. Ugggh. I know I'm slow. I know I'm fin addicted. About this coach. Is he gonna be mean? Too hard? Everyone in the group gonna be like, geeez - why the old lady here swimming with us. While I take up their lane space. Oh, well. I was going to go and determined to eventually fit in.

Coach Albert was super cool. Nice, very positive. Good about everyone swimming at their own pace and working up. Sigh. Relief. I did it. Back to that post on stepping out of your comfort zone. I was nervous, I was feeling sick but I pushed through and went. Just showed up. Once you get past showing up and getting yourself there, it's all good. That's for any classes. 
Also, killer, was that I was not the oldest there. Slowest, yes. One of my friends shared a lane with me and only swam into me twice. You  know, because I was in the way while he was speeding along in the lane. 

I'm going again on Friday. How bout you come to. The more the merrier. Or splashier. 
And, hey, if you don't know what Master's swimming is, no worries, it's just any swimmer over 18 years old. 
HighTide/YMCA masters swimming 

 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support