Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I WORKED OUT

I worked out. At 6:00am. Ouch. This was my second GroupFit class that started that early. I think I might be addicted to GF class. I love that everyone is there together doing the same thing and we get lots of positive encouragement. I am quite a bit slower than everyone else, but never has anyone been mean or not helpful. Several class members have been downright positive and cheer for me. So different from what I expected.

I don't so much love the running. I want to run, it's just way hard for me. One of my goals is to run a 5K, so I figure I should get moving that way.

Food's been good. Getting my protein in. You would think that was easy, except it is all lean protein, no junky stuff. I just choked down my eggs for dinner.

I walked JP to the bus stop. Since I wasn't here this am, we had a chance to catch up and I got a 20 minute walk. Little bits add up.

Today was my awesome Drills and Skills class with Coach K. I did a 300 yd warm-up and of course asked "with fins?". She's a dar-ling and said, "well, if you can do it without." Snap, I tried it and, boom, did it. Not very graceful. I have been out of the water a little with the holidays.
As much as I have watched kids swim and can pinpoint stroke infractions, I can't seem to make my body behave. My head won't stay still. I love that class and am going to miss it. My new Dan time will be at the same time, so I am going to have to figure out another time to swim. It won't be nearly as great as having the wonderful Coach K.

So, tomorrow, I have no classes. Boring. Gonna have to step it up myself. Not feeling very motivated right now. The plan will be to dress in my workout clothes and take Christian to school. 

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support