Friday, January 11, 2013

Cheesecake Factory, Really?



I'm out of town with my TubaHero. I left Thursday after my BWLC into meeting. Had some veggies at the meeting, cup full of blueberries in the car. No food before bed. Doing awesome. 
Got up at 5am, went to look for a breakfast item for him to share with the group. I thought he would eat hotel breakfast, but they are doing in room sharing. The buffet is like $15. Saw Bruegger's Bagels, got a bakers dozen and cream cheese for them. Didn't touch it. Ate a banana. Went to workout in the gym, did stuff around the pool, jumprope, lunges, pushups,jumping jacks, a few weights, all my warmup stuff. Then, I went for a long walk and stopped in the lovely downtown Tampa area for stepping up on benches, jumping jacks, doing something like feet in, feet out, up and down stairs. Had some strawberries, a protein shake, more banana. Awesome. 
Had this huge pile of lettuce, with my regular stuff in it - asparagus, almonds, ok, a little fresh parm cheese, but pretty good.Water all day. 

Dinner plans for the celebration dinner for the kids was decided to be Cheesecake factory. Well, I'm trying to plan. Looking at the menu online. Feeling hungry. Thinking about calling someone. Several someones. Thinking about calling someone else and just getting him to tell me exactly what to order. I don't want to think about it, but I don't want to fail either. I'm all good and this is a test for me. 
So, I'm blogging.  

This is what I have come up with so far and totally willing to eat them all, if they keep me straight. What's silly is they have this menu called SkinnyLicious trademarked. And, well, it's not all that, some of it, you might as well eat big and fat.
 
Grilled artichokes.

SkinnyLicious® Grilled Artichoke

Served with Lemon-Garlic Aioli
Ok, I just googled that aioli thing and its fatty sauce, so perhaps hold the sauce, just grill 'um and serve 'um?

Lettuce wraps with mexican veggies. No crema, whatever that is. I thought it goes in your coffee. It's probably something like yummy cheese or sour cream stuff. Hopefully, the corn salsa won't have added sugar, if it's delicious it will.
  

Chicken Lettuce Wrap Tacos

Butter Lettuce Leaves Filled with Grilled Chicken and your Choice of:

MEXICAN
Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Cilantro, Roasted Corn Salsa and Crema

And, beef. Please no more chicken right now, and I can't stomach another turkey burger, been cooking those at home and mine seems to lack flavor, but also fat ;-)

Petite Grilled Tenderloin of Beef

Our Petite Filet Mignon Served with Fresh Vegetables -

Perhaps these veggies could be grilled or plain, no delicious sauce, right? And, my water, no problem, loving the water. Maybe, since it is a celebration, I shall get a lemon or even, gasp, a lime. 

Normally, if at home, we wouldn't be going out and I would certainly skip it and stay home. Watch some more back espisodes of Biggest Loser. Think my way skinny. I mean healthy. 

Prayers, wish me luck, and all that. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for holding me accountable. Even if you don't know it.

1 comment:

  1. Grilled Artichokes and 3 CHICKEN lettuce tacos. Didn't even need that cow.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support