Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Crap, I say

Crap, I say. That's how I'm feeling about my workout today. 
Well, yes, it was super hard for me. Did I do the best I could at the time? Yes. I did my absolute best at the moment. 
Do I think I normally would have had more in me, yes.

I don't think I made a good choice about eating this morning. Totally my fault. 
One of my goals is to lessen the amount of medicine I take. I have noticed in a couple of my workouts this week, my blood sugar seems low, when there is no way it should be. I have stopped taken some of my meds for this and lowered some others.  
Tomorrow is blood work day, then off to the dr next week. I am hoping to reduce some of my other things that I am taking. I have to be sure to eat the right foods.

Today, I did a little cardio, nothing hard and then went to our Tuesday workout with Dan. 
I missed my oatmeal and it seems like it made a difference. I hope that's what it was. I ate it after. That really didn't help during the workout though. 

And, I lost a pound. Wait. What? A pound. That was a bit sad. I don't think I'm going to lose a ton at one time, I do however, expect 2-3 lbs. 

I have really felt like I've done great with my eating. I thought back this afternoon to what I might have missed. It's possible I had a few too many scallops and shrimp, beef instead of chicken but they were cooked in nothing, just broiled. Then, I remembered the night I woke up with super low blood sugar and ate like 2 bananas and 2 lara bars. Hmmm. Perhaps. That was better than my past life, where it would be candy, cookies, orange juice and whatever else I could find. 

I was sharing with one of the girls, foods that have potential for abuse that I have found over the last few months. Lara bars, bananas, and hummus. Technically, for clean eaters, they look good. Lara bars are not on my plan right now. I need to chill with the bananas. Hummus, well. I should just stay away. Again, things are better than before. I used to do the hummus with pita chips, crackers, anything. Last week, I used lettuce. Still, walking a fine line.    

So, onward. I'm going to get super strict and do the right thing. Adjust my medicine to avoid any "needed" extras. Eat when and what I am suppose to. 

1 lb is progress and I'm going in the right direction. That is all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support