Monday, April 29, 2013

The End is Near








So, this is my last post before the final results. We have five days until our final weigh in. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in last place, but I'm feeling good. I'm healthy, I'm strong, I've learned how to run, train, take care of myself and my family, and also how to encourage others to get started.
I started last summer at a size 22 and now I wear size 10. There was a time before that I wore a 24. My journey from January to May has been a hard one. It was easier for me to lose weight to start with in September, October and November. I am imagining that finishing to get to my goal weight is going to be an even harder challenge. But, I have been blessed with being part of this big weight loss challenge and now I have the tools and all the information to make that happen.
I've had so many first things during the last few months.
I competed in not only my first 5k but two 5k's and I dropped my time from the first race to the 2nd race. I've come out of my comfort zone as far as walking, running, riding my bike and swimming. Before the challenge, I would have never ridden my bike so far from home and in the bike lane on the road. I'm walking far away from my house. I can go to the stadium and I know what exercises to do and I can make it to the top of the Gator mountain.
I competed in my first triathlon which was a lot of fun. I still can't believe that I actually did it. I'm training for an Iron Girl triathlon that is Sept 29th. I'm going to compete in an obstacle course in November with a four mile run.
Members of my family are eating healthy and making good choices on their own, because they want to, not because I'm making them. I would have never been able to get to this point without Dan and Nicole, Sweat Life Fitness and all of the girls from the weight loss challenge. They really have kept me going and giving me a lot of support.
I have learned that I need to
surround myself with people who have similar goals and will push me to keep being my best, and keep working towards all of my fitness and health goals. I'm especially grateful that I feel so much better that now I can take better care of my family. There are a lot of people at my house that I can take care of and cook healthy for.
At this point, I've lost about 60 pounds total. I've had several people already tell me to stop losing weight, I've lost enough. In order to not look like a delusional maniac, I have just smiled and said okay, I just need to work on building muscle. I honestly have between 30 and 40 pounds still to lose. When I started my weight loss journey I had exactly 102 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. At this point, my goal is to reduce the amount of body fat I have and make more lean muscle.

This whole experience has been a lot of fun, a lot of stress and a lot of challenges for all kinds of different reasons. I am extremely thankful to Sweat Life and Giggle Magazine and all of the people who are sponsoring and supporting this contest. It has been awesome having the photo shoots with Shannon and getting to meet all the trainers at Sweat Life. I'm looking forward to the hair and makeup makeover on Wednesday, that is going to be fun! All the boot camps we've gotten to go to were killer. My favorite part.

The biggest thing I am thankful for has been everything that the girls have taught me about weight loss, myself, nutrition, exercise and teamwork.
I would not be where I am today if not for them and I appreciate all of them and their hard work.
I'm a little bit proud of myself too, I just dictated my whole blog while I walked my 8 miles,  a slow kina chillin' out day. Have a healthy day. Peace.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note so I know you were here - I appreciate your support